This message is cross-posted with apologies for any duplication.

Colleagues in archives, and in museum and academic libraries are asked to bring this press release to the attention of curators, faculty, students and any other clients who may be affected.  Please address any questions to the under-signed.

****************************

		The Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto, Canada, is now into the second year of its Frank Gehry-designed expansion project.  At this point, due to the impact of construction on building accessibility, we will be restricting access to the west wing of the AGO.  The Edward P. Taylor Research Library and Archives will be affected.

		Effective Monday, November 27, 2006 and continuing through to the completion of construction in mid-2008, the Research Library and Archives will operate solely on an appointment basis for external clients.  Priority for appointments will be given to museum professionals, scholars, academic researchers, and graduate and post-graduate students.  We regret that we are not able to offer library services to undergraduate students and the general public during this time.

		Please note, however, that archives collections will continue to be accessible in the usual way, by prior appointment and with no restrictions.  Besides the above clients, both the general public and undergraduate students will be able to continue conducting archives-based research.

		To book an appointment for either library or archives, please call 416-979-6642 or email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

		The Library will continue to offer ILL (interlibrary loan) service to academic and museum libraries, and potential clients (including those in Toronto and the GTA) are encouraged to use this avenue.  Both SIBYL, the AGO library online catalogue, and a listing of archives collections, may be consulted at www.ago.net/ago/library <http://www.ago.net/ago/library>.

		Thank you for your understanding as we experience the inevitable disruptions to our operations during construction.

Karen McKenzie
Chief Librarian
Art Gallery of Ontario
317 Dundas St. W.