Hello all,

Although I am not an art librarian, I am the bibliographer for the art
department at our college. My art department has a collection of
over10,000 slides housed in a set of very old filing cabinets that need
to be replaced. I've done some searching online, but with little luck. I
thought I'd ask the members of this list (who have more knowledge than
Google) if you could recommend companies or systems who make cabinets or
other large slide filing systems that might be worth investigating.

As an alternative, I have suggested to the art department that they
replace the physical slide collection with digital collections they can
purchase from various commercial vendors. Those I've found include
ARTstor, Corbis (Gale), Davis Art Images, and Universal Art Images. Are
there others you could recommend?

I very much appreciate any suggestions and ideas. Thank you!

Kay Benjamin

Reference, Instruction, and Government Documents Librarian

SUNY College at Oneonta

Oneonta, NY 13820