Kay,

If you want to buy cabinets, look at Neumade. They are the standard,
modular metal cabinet for slides. You would need four 5-drawer
cabinets for 10,000 Gepe or glass-mounted slides.

John

>Hello all,
>
>Although I am not an art librarian, I am the bibliographer for the
>art department at our college. My art department has a collection of
> over10,000 slides housed in a set of very old filing cabinets that
>need to be replaced. I've done some searching online, but with
>little luck. I thought I'd ask the members of this list (who have
>more knowledge than Google) if you could recommend companies or
>systems who make cabinets or other large slide filing systems that
>might be worth investigating.
>
>As an alternative, I have suggested to the art department that they
>replace the physical slide collection with digital collections they
>can purchase from various commercial vendors. Those I've found
>include ARTstor, Corbis (Gale), Davis Art Images, and Universal Art
>Images. Are there others you could recommend?
>
>I very much appreciate any suggestions and ideas. Thank you!
>
>Kay Benjamin
>Reference, Instruction, and Government Documents Librarian
>SUNY College at Oneonta
>Oneonta, NY 13820
>607-436-2791

John J. Taormina
Director, Visual Resources Center
Dept. of Art, Art History & Visual Studies
Duke University
Box 90764
112 East Duke Building
Durham  NC 27708-0764