Dear colleagues,

A faculty member here at Hopkins needs color illustrations (print or digital) of two engravings by Jean Fautrier: Otages Fond Noir and Les Massacrés. The 1969 catalogue raisonné has only very small black-and-white illustrations and I don't find either in the three exhibition catalogs we have of his work.  It seems at least one of the prints includes color other than black and white.

MoMA owns Otages Fond Noir and has an image of it on their web site, which is a bit too small for the faculty member's purposes.  I also found it on Art Resource, again too small.

No luck with Les Massacrés.

Any recommendations?  If you have some advice, please reply to me directly.

As always, many thanks!!

Don

_________________________________

Donald R. Juedes
Librarian for Art History, Classics, & Philosophy
Research Services & Collections
Milton S. Eisenhower Library of the Sheridan Libraries
Johns Hopkins University
3400 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218-2683

410/516-0605