Here are some links to articles and projects related to folksonomy and
tagging (curtesy of Susie Stephenson at SLAIS, UBC). Penn Library has an
interesting project going on. There are also some experiments in
displaying controlled vocabulary as tag clouds.

academic library explores tagging
http://tinyurl.com/pelnu

PennTags
http://tags.library.upenn.edu/
This is an example of a catalogue record with tags, scroll to the bottom of the page to see annotations and tags.
http://tinyurl.com/mav74
http://www.library.upenn.edu/blos/staffweb/newtech/tagging

PennTags - When card catalogs meet tags
http://tinyurl.com/jaxw4

Thread from web4lib list:
http://lists.webjunction.org/wjlists/web4lib/2006-March/039929.html
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.education.web4lib/day=20060310

Social Bookmarking And Tagging At Academic Libraries
http://acrlblog.org/2006/01/02/social-bookmarking-and-tagging-at-academic-libraries/

Tag clouds as an OPAC interface
http://tinyurl.com/fqgqs

Martha Gonzalez