It is with profound sadness that I must report the death of Lynn Moody Igoe around noon today at UNC Hospitals. Many of you knew Lynn but for those who did not, she was a dedicated independent scholar and bibliographer.  Lynn was devoted to the dissemination of information on African American artists, publishing, among other titles,  her landmark 250 years of Afro-American art : an annotated bibliography in 1981 and African-American artists on disc in 1999. In addition to compiling these landmark works, Lynn organized exhibitions in her continuing effort to document artists.  Until quite recently, Lynn worked in the Art Library almost every day, updating her bibliography and scouring through ephemera.  She was also a donor to the Libraries.

It is hard to believe that we will no longer see her brave and smiling face

Patricia T. Thompson
Art Librarian
Sloane Art Library
CB# 3405 Hanes Art Center