There are also a bunch of converted records from an early project by
Carrollton Press. The collation was not filled in. On LC and RLIN,
those records can be identified by CarP in the 040. Sometimes, the
collation in the LC catalog will also still be "p. cm." though some
have been filled in by their "OCLC replacement" processing. The title
is also often truncated after the title proper; that is, the subtitle
is omitted (3rd example below).

Examples from the LC catalog:

040 __ |a DLC |c CarP |d DLC
043 __ |a n-us---
050 00 |a N6505 |b .I24
100 1_ |a Ichida, Kōji, |d 1936- [from old catalog]
245 10 |a Amerika no bijutsu kotto.
260 __ |c 50 [1975]
300 __ |a p. cm.

040 __ |a DLC |c CarP |d DLC
043 __ |a n-us---
050 00 |a N6512 |b .A513 1961
110 1_ |a United States. |b Congress. |b House. |b Committee on
Education and Labor.
245 10 |a Aid to fine arts.
260 __ |a Washington, |b U.S. Govt. Print. Off., |c 1961.
300 __ |a p. cm.

040 __ |a DLC |c CarP |d DLC
043 __ |a n-us---
050 00 |a N6505 |b .A7
245 00 |a Art in America from 1600 to 1865:
260 __ |a Chicago, Ill., |b The University of Chicago press |c [1934]
300 __ |a p. cm.

Sherman Clarke, NYU Libraries - [log in to unmask]