From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Raymond Smith
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 7:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Art Documentation

Though not a librarian, I agree with Shannon and feel the
President's reply was not appreciative of those professionals who have made Art Documentation a solid and respected publication.  I have published several book reviews in Art Documentation and am proud of my modest contributions and with the way they were handled by the editors.

    I think there is less respect for articles and book reviews on the Web than there is for those published in print.  Though publishing on line might be the wave of the future, I hope books and printed journals such as
Art Documentation can continue making some ripples.

      Raymond Smith
    R.W. Smith Bookseller