Take a break from the dog days of summer with this stimulating issue of
The Medium. We start our issue off with Elizabeth Schaub's deft
presidential report, in which she clearly outlines the recent issues of
chapter affiliation, liability, and membership requirements as they
apply to the relationship of the chapter to the society. Next, Janine
Henri reports on her experience at the 2006 ARLIS/NA conference in Banff
as recipient of this year's Lois Swan Jones Travel Award. In light of
the recent sad news of Jones' passing, this issue offers a remembrance
of her many contributions and invites anyone to contribute memories to
the related blog. We also continue our series of collection profiles
with an overview of the Green Art Research Library at The Old Jail Art
Center in Albany, Texas, provided by its librarian/archivist, Daniel
Alonzo. This issue closes with a wide spectrum of member news ranging
from the acquisition of the King of the Hill papers by the Southwest
Writers Collection, Texas State University, to project and personnel
updates from the International Center for the Arts of the Americas
(ICAA) at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.

http://www.arlis-txmx.org/themedium/v32no2