The publication-for-tenure problem seems to be one happening in more
fields than art librarianship, and web versus print may solve itself as
institutions change their policy (or not).  Having reviews available to
selectors and reference staff sooner and more frequently would seem an
advantage.
As a practical suggestion, can ArtDoc include in each issue a list of reviews
web-published since the previous issue?  this would alert those of us not
connected by feeding tube to a computer what we may have overlooked.

Helen Chillman
Yale University