I'm hoping that art librarians who have access to catalogers or who
themselves do a lot of cataloging can help me.  When I became the solo
librarian at the architecture firm of Allan Greenberg, Architect LLC, I
noticed that the author field in the MARC record for Allan Greenberg's
book, George Washington, Architect was incorrect: it listed Allan C.
Greenberg rather than "my" Allan Greenberg, whose middle initial happens
to be "M," but whose name in the authority record is simply "Allan
Greenberg." I notified the Library of Congress, which corrected its
bibliographic record, clarified its authority record, and notified OCLC.
However, the records of all the libraries that cataloged (i.e., copy
cataloged) that book before 2005 remain incorrect.  At the end of this
month, Rizzoli will release a new book by Allan Greenberg titled
Architecture of Democracy and I'm concerned that these two books will
eventually appear in most library catalogs to be the works of two
different authors.

Is this something that the catalogers would like to know and care to
correct or am I, not too far removed from library school, creating the
proverbial mountain out of a molehill?

Thank you for your input,
Patricia

Patricia Price
Librarian
Allan Greenberg, Architect, L.L.C.
1050 Thomas Jefferson St. NW  Suite 2100
Washington, D.C.  20007
202-337-0010
202-337-9222  (fax)

Perhaps the two most valuable and satisfactory products of American
civilization are the librarian on the one hand and the cocktail in the
other.
-- Louis Stanley Jast