Please excuse cross-postings.

Hello, All.

Seeing as there's been so much discussion regarding the faults of Wikipedia,
I may be treading into dangerous territory here with post, but..

I've been researching Wikipedia so I can teach about it and I've ended up
getting hooked. I first checked organizations and subjects with which I am
somewhat familiar (i.e. Otis and ARLIS and artists' books) and found them
either missing or covered inadequately. So for the past week I've been
adding or editing entries like crazy.

In particular, the entry on artists' books I found very problematic, so I've
begun the process of making it more useful and accurate. I invite you to
join me in this effort.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artists%27_Books
(Editing is very easy.)

Also ARLIS had no presence, so I added it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Art_Libraries_Society_of_North_Ame
rica
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Art_Libraries_Society_of_North_Am
erica&action=history> &action=history. It needs work. I also added an entry
for Judith Hoffberg.

Wikipedia recently rose to the top 20 sites in terms of total global web
traffic. If students are using this as their #1 reference tool (and they
are), then I prefer that they find better info. I'm willing to work to
improve the areas that I know something about.

Sue Maberry

Director of the Library

Otis College of Art and Design