From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of maureen dawley
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 2:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] ABM online and in print

Anna,
We put all of ours in off-site storage, but it sounds like you don't
have that option.
As far as I know, no one has ever asked for the print version, and there
haven't been any problems with the online here to last long enough for
concern.
Personally, there is always an afterthought for me in depending totally
on online versions with indexes. But if you ever have a problem, you
know you'll have a bunch of ARLIS people to help you out. And if we all
lose connection, well, that will probably be the time when we don't care
anyway
;)

Best,
Mo

--On Friday, June 16, 2006 10:43 AM -0400 Anna Bigazzi
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> HI All!
>
> I am appealing to the collective wisdom about discarding the
> ARTbibliographies Modern printed version. We already have the online
> database.  We are experiencing a space crunch and I have been asked to

> discard those two shelves of volumes.
> Did anybody who has done that already experienced problems afterwards?
> I know there have been afterthoughts about Art Index, but I do not
> remember complaints about ABM.
>
> And, by the way, in case we decide to discard those volumes, would
> there be someone willing to adopt them in exchange for shipping fees?
>
> Please let me know soon because I am about to leave for my vacation
> and whatever happens will happen while I am away...
>
> Have a great summer and thanks to all who will help me out!
>
> Anna Bigazzi
>
> Anna Bigazzi
> Art Reference Librarian
> Mortensen Library, Art Library