I received this inquiry from a professor> He wants to make a database for landscape plans. I wonder what other librarians think of this? I know this is an open ended question but I am involved in other grants and they take more time than I think he is aware, not just in writing but doing.

The grants we are applying for fund preservation and access to reference materials.

We would like to establish an on-line database of plans of significant landscape architecture designs (eg Central Park, etc). This is something that does not now exist but should exist.

We could obviously use your help as the College’s Librarian. We have to lay out a very specific plan that covers what criteria are used to select materials, protocols for formatting, encoding, etc.  These may be areas where you or others in the Library can be a big help.

Paula Wolfe

Fine Arts and Architecture Librarian

1015 N Olive Street

University of Arizona