Hello All,

I am forwarding my original message in case someone missed it...
As you may have noticed from the posted response not too many of you had a clear cut answer, but actually I only had a total of 7 replies and 6 of those were posted on the list...
Here is the seventh message that came directly to me:

 -Anna, We ditched our print volumes with no ill effects;  most patrons
> don't like using the print if they have an online option.  Course, if
> the Internet goes down, or the electricity goes off....but one can't
> plan based on rare occurrences...Just my thoughts, Cris

So it seems that the two libraries that ditched or sent  to storage the printed version of ABM did not experience nasty problems.
Three would like to be able to decide what to do on the base of this query.  The publisher would like to know if it is worth to keep the print alive.  And at least one library would like to adopt the volumes we would discard!

I must confess that I am personally always attached to anything made out of paper, but space is at a premium here and almost two empty shelves can make anybody
salivate!  The intriguing question raised by Linda (what about the first 5 volumes of the printed version 1969-1973?) complicates further the issue.
I shall let you know what my bosses will decide while I am away. Be back online at the end on July.
Stay cool!
Anna