From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Sherman Clarke
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 11:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] ARLIS/NA and VRA

Kathy,
Your suggested name "Visual Culture Association of North America" is
interesting to me, as is your tale of Miss Lucas, Wolfgang Freitag, and
the Fogg then and now. You, of course, also remember some of the
society discussions in the last 1970s about name changes. What is
especially interesting to me about your name suggestion is the lack of
any element of documentation.

While the name is only part of the game, there is a Visual Culture
Caucus in College Art as well as all sorts of Google hits for
organizations using "visual culture" in their name.

Sherman Clarke
NYU Libraries