Dear Colleagues,

Does anyone have any suggestions for brief readings, including quotes, poems, or stories, on the subject of libraries or research that could be used as part of an informal opening ceremony for our new library? Our new space is significantly larger than our old one and is beautifully designed. A skylight over the seating area for researchers provides an inspiring setting.

I’d like the ceremony to be a celebration of our new space and its creative potential. Any readings that would reinforce this theme would be most helpful. Please write to me at [log in to unmask] with any ideas for readings or for other aspects of the ceremony.

Thanks,

Karen Schneider

Karen Schneider
Librarian