VRA does include image librarians/curators from all kinds of
disciplines.  On the other hand, I'm wondering if other art
librarians/art visual resource professionals are being asked
increasingly to take on some sort of involvement with images in other
disciplines as well - because of their expertise of managing art
images.  In my case, I was given responsibility for an interdisciplinary
image fund - because of my awareness of digital image issues through my
association with VRA and ARLIS/NA - a few years back when the fund was
created.  Our university system would prefer to have one database, or at
least compatible databases, for all subjects to be more user-friendly.
Is this sort of thing happening in other institutions?

Marilyn
--
Marilyn Nasserden
Fine Arts Librarian