Mark and all:

I think that some, or more joint conferences are a great way to
conserve resources. This doesn't call for a break down of autonomy,
but rather just makes plain fiscal sense.  For those of us early in
our careers, it is important to go to as many conferences as we can
in a year. But if I go to VRA and ARLIS NA, the money is not there
for me to go to ACRL, ALA , MCN, EduCause or CAA. Even though my
allegiance and heart is with ARLIS NA, I find that these other
conferences fuel my ideas for work within the organization and having
expansive/inclusive professional experiences is formative. It seemed
like there was an awful lot of overlap in VR programming from VRA to
Banff this year as well.

Sarah E. Falls
Visual Resources Librarian
Department of Art and Art History