As a semi-retired archivist/librarian I am very happy to pay both national
(international) and local chapter dues.  My local chapter is New York and
the programs provided by our meager dues are excellent.  The local chapters
deserve to keep their separate status.

Judy Brzosko

On 6/28/06, Ann Whiteside <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear ARLIS/NA members,
> I want to let you know that the Board is hearing your very real concerns
> that the various members and chapter leaders over the course of the last few
> days about chapter affiliation.
>
> The Board wants to apologize for making a decision about the collection of
> chapter dues in a manner that has left so many people feeling
> disenfranchised. The Board has rescinded its vote to collect chapter dues
> centrally so that we can have a productive and profitable discussion with
> the leaders and members of the chapters.
>
> We would like to take another couple of days to further review your
> comments, and to discuss our next steps as a Board and with all of you. We
> will provide further information about our rationale behind the affiliation
> agreement, answer the questions about the agreement that have come forward,
> and begin a process to work through the other issues that you have brought
> to us.
>
> Thank you all very much for your comments, your concern, and your thoughts
> on all these issues.
>
> Sincerely,
> Ann Whiteside and the ARLIS/NA Board
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Ann Baird Whiteside
> Head, Rotch Library of Architecture & Planning
> MIT
> Room 7-238
> 77 Massachusetts Avenue
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> 617-258-5594
> http://libraries.mit.edu/
> President, ARLIS/NA
> http://www.arlisna.org/
> Editor, Cataloging Cultural Objects
> http://www.vraweb.org/ccoweb/index.html

Judy Brzosko

"A little thing is a little thing, but faithfulness in a little thing is a
great thing." H.H. Taylor