Don't know if this is a relative of your artist, but there is the
following at askart.com (at that site there are also references to books
and articles with more info.) Best wishes. Ellen Chapman

John Houser was born in South Dakota [1935] where his father [possibly
your artist?] was Sculptor to Gutzon Borglum in the carving of Mt.
Rushmore. John is the creator and sculptor of The XII Travelers Memorial
of The Southwest. He is assisted by his son, Ethan Houser who is the
third generation of Housers involved with monumental sculpture.