I can't speak for anyone else, but I was simply using the term
"national" to refer to the parent organization of ARLIS/NA, a common
way to distinguish parent organizations from chapters.  Clearly this
is inappropriate terminology in ARLIS/NA. I was not implying,
although it seems the implication was there, that the organization
was only representing those from the United States.

If offense was taken, I, for one, apologize to our colleagues from
Canada and Mexico, and our other international members. From now on,
I will refer to the parent organization only as "ARLIS/NA."

Mea culpa.

John