This is an open invitation to come discuss what it means to be a student in the Art Librarianship field.  Please join the Student Affairs Discussion Group at 6:10 in the Baron Shaughnessy Room on Saturday, May 6th.

We will talk about a wide range of issues, including:

Where we see our place within the larger organizaton of ARLIS/NA.
How we can network with each other as students, and throughout our professional careers.
Gaining "real-world" vs. classroom experience.
Keeping in touch via the arlis-student-l listserv.
Ideas for next year's conference program.
How does the student group fits in with the ARLIS mentoring program, specifically raising awareness of it among students.

Please bring additional agenda items to the meeting or email Sarah Carter at [log in to unmask]

Also, don't forget about the student pub social after this discussion group!  More info can be found at: http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~saccarte/PubFlyer.doc

Sarah Carter

Fine Arts Library Circulation Supervisor
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN

M.L.S. Candidate, SLIS
M.A. Candidate, Art History