I would like to thank everyone who responded to the New Museum Library Service's survey for art librarians. We now have a clearer picture of our audience, and we hope to see a few improvements to our service in the upcoming year. A few of you requested that we import more exhibition catalogues from Latin America, Asia, and Africa. We do import many hard to find catalogues, but we will definitely make a concentrated effort to bring in more titles from these regions. Some respondents mentioned that their budget limitations posed an enormous challenge; therefore, we will offer a few budget lists in the upcoming year with an assortment under $200.

I would also like to mention that my colleague Lauren Cornell, Executive Director of Rhizome.org, will give a talk at the ARLIS/NA Banff Conference, on Monday May 8 from 10:30am-11am. She will provide an introduction to Rhizome, present our databases the Artbase and the TextBase, and give some general background information about New Media Art as a field. She will also discuss our current collective Metadata Project, which I am sure will be of interest to many of you. Rhizome introduced its current system of metadata in 1999 with the launch of the ArtBase. This metadata indexes the art works in the ArtBase according to particular vocabulary and descriptive terms. The field of New Media has grown rapidly since the inception of the ArtBase, and we feel the need to re-consider our terminology so that it properly reflects the current conceptual and formal breadth of Internet art and new media. The Metadata Project will sure to be both enlightening and timely. I encourage you all to attend Lauren's talk.

Thank you all for your time. Enjoy the conference!

Ceci Moss
Sales Associate for Special Projects
New Museum of Contemporary Art
tel. 212-219-1222 ex. 211