The Center for Book Arts is located at 28 West 27th Street in New York City. The faculty of 40+ professional artists and artisans offers daytime, evening, and weekend classes and workshops in book content, design, structure, printing, binding, and restoration.
http://www.centerforbookarts.org/newsite/classes/

Since 1974 the Center has been in the forefront of the Book Art Movement. It was the first Center of its kind, and this model has been replicated across the country. Over 140 exhibitions have presented and documented the evolution of Book Art during the last three decades, and we are building an interactive relational database of our exhibition archive.

We eventually will have all our exhibition catalogs online. There are many up right now, including the landmark 1990 traveling exhibition Book Arts in the USA. The paper catalog for this exhibition is not available, so this is the only way to obtain it. The exhibition traveled through Africa and Latin America as a cultural presentation of The United States of America. You may want to save the page images and/or print out a copy for your library.
http://www.centerforbookarts.org/newsite/exhibits/archive/fullview.asp?showID=81&catalogpage=1

The (incomplete but with over 100 entries) archive project is at
http://www.centerforbookarts.org/newsite/exhibits/archive/

Best regards,

Richard