I have worked on five books with Helaine Posner, beginning with Masculine Masquerade and most recently the second edition of Kiki Smith. She has asked me to work on her next project with a fine group of co-authors but I am unable to accept at this time. If anyone is interested in this project she would like to hear from you. This project carries a stipend, to be worked out with Helaine and Prestel. Below is her description of the project:

Michael, I have your next mission should you choose to accept it.  Eleanor Heartney, Nancy Princenthal, Sue Scott, and I got a contract from Prestel to publish After the Revolution: Women Who Have Transformed Contemporary Art in 2007. This book will present the achievement and explore the influence of twelve of the most important women artists to have emerged internationally since 1971, when Linda Nochlin published her groundbreaking essay, Why Have There Been No Great Women Artists?An introductory essay will provide an overview of womens art during the past 35 years, and a postscript will look at the changes in womens position and professional opportunities in the art world since 1971. The artists selected for inclusion in this book are: Louise Bourgeois, Nancy Spero, Elizabeth Murray, Marina Abramowicz, Judy Pfaff, Jenny Holzer, Ann Hamilton, Cindy Sherman, Kiki Smith, Shirin Neshat, Ellen Gallagher, and Dana Schutz.  A comprehensive bibliography will complete the volume.  We will gear this book to the general art audience as well as students of art, art history, and womens issues.  Attached please find Prestels factsheet.

We would like to invite you to contribute a bibliography to this book and assemble statistics on the number of monographs published on women artists over the past 35 years.  Ive attached a longer list of artists we had under consideration for your reference.  I would be happy to hear your thoughts on constructing the bibliography after youve had a chance to look over this information. I have some ideas as well.  We would like the information on the monographs in May, 2006 and the bibliography in September, 2006."

Helaine is very easy to with with and I recommend this opportunity. Her e-mail address is: [log in to unmask]

Michael Leininger
Rotch Library, MIT

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ann Baird Whiteside

Head, Rotch Library of Architecture & Planning

MIT

Room 7-238

77 Massachusetts Avenue

Cambridge, MA 02139