Hello ARLIS-L members,

I am new to this listserv today. My faculty colleagues and fellow medical librarians urged me to join in order to enlist your collective knowledge and wisdom.

Recently a small medallion with an inscription on either side came into my possession. Several faculty here on campus, a native Arabic speaker and also well versed in Classical Arabic, a native Hindi speaker, a native Farsi speaker, a native Hebrew speaker, and a native Bengali speaker – looked at it with the goal of deciphering it, but without success.

In your professional opinion, how should I proceed?  Do websites exist for these matters? As a librarian, how do I research it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Doris Wisher, MLS, MA, AHIP

Director of the Library

Jay Sexter Library