ARLIS/NA 2006 Conference in Banff - Fundraiser Update

With the ARLISNA Conference only a few months away, we would like to
update you on recent developments. Due to licensing conditions, the
raffle event will be replaced by a silent auction, or as you will
discover a "Not So Silent Auction." We promise you some very lively
bidding.

We are still soliciting items to include in this fundraiser. We welcome
art works, handicrafts, books, cds, dvds, jewelry, culinary delights and
any other objects you would like to contribute. A few chapters are
bringing baskets. It would be great if more chapters and even cities
would make baskets with samples of regional goodies.

To submit your contribution fill out the donation form on the silent
auction web page, and while you are there check out the photo gallery:

http://www.arliscanada.ca/banff2006/silent_auction

More complete information, including Customs rules for visitors to
Canada, is also available on the web page.

Remember monies raised from the "Not So Silent Auction" will go to a
good cause.

Let us know if you have any questions or comments. We look forward to
hearing from you.

Allison Sivak, Special Events Assistant - Fundraising Events
Cameron Library
University of Alberta Libraries
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada T6G 2J8
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (780) 492-8329

Melinda Reinhart, Special Events Assistant - Fundraising Events
Visual Arts & Reference Librarian
Concordia University Libraries
1455 boul de Maisonneuve West
Montreal, QC H3G 1M8