Dear ARLIS/NA Colleagues:

The Executive Board would like to share with you some developments
concerning our joint San Diego conference with the Visual Resources
Association.  As many of you know, ARLIS/NA has had plans to meet jointly
with VRA in San Diego in 2008.  ARLIS/NA Board members began discussion
with VRA a year ago, and the two organizations have been working towards
achieving this goal ever since. Unfortunately efforts to locate and secure
a San Diego venue that could appropriately accommodate both organizations
were not successful.  The VRA Board informed us today that they have
decided to pursue San Diego as an independent conference for 2008. We all
hope that the two organizations can continue conversation about a future
joint conference at another time.

The Executive Board is now working with our conference manager, Sue Rawlyk,
to investigate our options for our newly independent conference in
2008.  We will keep all of you posted as we work through this process.  One
of the most encouraging aspects of this process is that we are able to work
constructively with Sue who has been a "Rock of Gibraltar" in our
negotiations of the last few weeks.  Thank you, Sue!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, Margaret

Margaret N. Webster
Director, Knight Visual Resources Facility
B-56 Sibley Hall
College of Architecture, Art & Planning
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853