Dear colleagues:
A summary of a bunch of cataloging meetings that I attended during ALA
Midwinter in January has been posted at
http://artcataloging.net/alagen.html along with a report by Elizabeth
Lilker on the RLIN 21 Users meeting. There are also links to some other
meetings and reports from earlier ALAs.

One of the issues that has been discussed in cataloging circles over
the past few months has been a revision of the LC and NACO policy on
adding death dates to personal name headings with open dates (if you
will, the famous Andy Warhol problem). The rule interpretation on AACR
22.17 has now been revised. For more on LC's implementation, see
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/lcri22_17imp.html

If you have any questions about things in my ALA summary, please do not
hesitate to ask.

Sherman Clarke
NYU Libraries