ARLIS/NA in the Canadian Rockies
Banff, Alberta, Canada
May 5-9, 2006

Banff Perspectives #4, February 2, 2006

The ARLIS 2006 Banff Conference Planning Committee is pleased to
announce the opening of ONLINE REGISTRATION at: www.arliscanada.ca/banff2006

In putting together this year's Program, we have been guided by our
Society's Strategic Plan and Core Competencies. We have responded to
feedback from past conference attendees and incorporated proposals from
current members. The result is a program of sessions, posters, and
workshops designed to inform, educate and inspire the ARLIS/NA membership.

Exhibits, tours, special events, meetings and an extensive selection of
workshops will further round out what promises to be an exceptionally
memorable experience. Exhibits are a cornerstone of our conferences, so
this year we have made a special effort to provide increased
opportunities for interaction between conference attendees and
exhibitors. In Banff you will have ample opportunity to network with
your colleagues, participate in ARLIS/NA business and  special projects,
and establish new professional contacts.

We are happy to once again provide you with a dynamic conference Web
site, thanks to last year's conference planning team and our own Web
Site Coordinator, James Rout. James is also responsible for the unique
and beautiful conference look which is in keeping with the stunning
grandeur of both the natural park setting and the conference hotel.

You will note that the Web site allows you to create your own conference
schedule and to view the conference programming by a range of criteria,
including date, category, topic, group name, or keyword.  A "Quick
Search" option allows you to access helpful information about Exhibit
Hall hours, Chapter meetings and Convocation Events to name a few;
pull-down menus for each search option make exploring the program easy.

In addition, the "static" webpages provide you with a brief view of the
Program, Workshops, Tours, and a combined list of Sessions, Free
Workshops and Meetings (without descriptions). On the Preliminary
Program pages, we have added a section for Acronyms and Biographies
which will further inform your choices.

Please note that the Self-Scheduling Room Form, Mentor Program
Registration Form, and the ARLIS Raffle Fundraiser Donation Form are all
operational on the Web site.  The Volunteer Form will be forthcoming in
a few weeks time.

On behalf of the entire Banff Conference Planning Committee, we thank
you for considering this year's conference offerings and urge you to
join us for what promises to be one of the best ARLIS/NA conferences ever.

Jill Patrick and Marilyn Nasserden
Conference Program Co-Chairs