Please excuse cross postings.

The Millard Sheets Library at Otis College of Art & Design

is pleased to announce the launch of the new Digital Collection Management
System

for Otis' images and collections.
See it here:  <http://content.library.otis.edu/collections/>
http://content.library.otis.edu/collections/

Background:

This project began and was funded by grants from the Getty and represents
the culmination of more than 4 years of work by Library staff in cataloging
and digitizing the Artists' Books Collection. Throughout both the planning
and implementation phase, we searched for and tested several systems-always
with a goal of finding software that would be useful for other Otis
departments as well as the Library. ContentDM is now fully installed,
tested, and configured on new robust web server. We join a community of many
colleges and universities who make their collections available to the public
through the web. Other examples are here:
<http://www.contentdm.com/customers/index.html>
http://www.contentdm.com/customers/index.html

Current Otis Collections

*	Artists' Books -approximately 8,000 images of 2,000 books
*	Otis Lab Press-250 books created by students over the last 20 years
*	Otis Archives-1,200 images of our history
*	Faculty Gallery-sample collection to be expanded this semester
*	Student Work- sample collection
*	Ben Maltz Gallery-sample collection

The Future
Now that the work of testing, installing, and configuring software is
finished, we can now focus on growing each of these collections in
collaboration with other campus departments.

Comments and questions are welcome.

Sue Maberry
Director of Library

Otis College of Art & Design
9045 Lincoln Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90045

310 665-6925
FAX 310 665-6998

email: [log in to unmask] < <mailto:[log in to unmask]> mailto:[log in to unmask]>
< <http://www.otis.edu/library/> http://www.otis.edu/library/>

Founded in 1918, Otis College of Art + Design prepares diverse students of
art and design to enrich our world through their creativity, their skill,
and their vision. The College offers an interdisciplinary education for
artists and designers who will shape the future. Fields of study include
architecture/landscape/interiors, communication arts (graphic design /
advertising / illustration), digital media, fashion design, fine arts,
interactive product design, toy design, and writing. For more information,
please visit www.otis.edu.