Marilyn, Jill, et al.,

A couple of thoughts on the scheduling of the ARTstor and Grove meetings.

Since these two resources are widely used by ourselves and our
constituencies, it is unfortunate that the meetings are scheduled against
each other. While I appreciate the difficulties encountered in conference
planning, I suspect there are many of us who need to attend both but will
be the only conference attendees from our respective institutions. And
running back and forth between multiple meetings, often the last resort in
such cases, just does not work. I have additional reservations about
scheduling any meetings at 7:00, but perhaps there is no alternative?

Can this situation be remedied in any way?

In the interests of full disclosure I should state that I serve on the
Grove Art Advisory Board and that my institution subscribes to both resources.

Regards to all,

Peter Blank

>Date:         Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:33:57 -0700
>From: Marilyn Nasserden <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [ARLIS-L] ARLIS 2006 Banff Conference Program Update
>To: [log in to unmask]
[snip]
>Other changes:
>    * The ARTstor and Grove meeting times on Sunday, May 7th have been
> changed from 7:30-9 am to 7-8:30 am to allow for turnaround time between
> their meetings and the first session of the day.
>Marilyn Nasserden
>(<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]) and
>Jill Patrick (<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]),
>Program Co-Chairs for:
>
>TRANSCONTINENTAL PERSPECTIVES: ARLIS/NA IN THE CANADIAN ROCKIES
>ARLIS/NA 34th Annual Conference
>May 5-9th, 2006
>Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
>Conference website:
><http://www.arliscanada.ca/banff2006>http://www.arliscanada.ca/banff2006

Peter P. Blank                                    [log in to unmask]
Deputy Librarian                                (650) 725-1038
Art & Architecture Library                  FAX (650) 725-0140
102 Cummings Art Bldg.
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-2018