Museum Division--Book return policies

I would appreciate hearing from any museum library that has a written circulation policy regarding books not returned by museum staff.  There have been a few recent occurrences at the Whitney involving a member of the staff who resigns and does not return all the books he/she signed out.  I would be interested to know what actions you take under these circumstances: is your library is supported by the human resources department on this issue and are you allowed to take some action to recover cost of "lost" library books.

Please send your responses directly to me.  I am willing to share responses received with others interested in this subject.

Carol Rusk
Benjamin and Irma Weiss Librarian
Whitney Museum of American Art
945 Madison Avenue