Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the ARLIS/NA Standards Committee, I'd like to announce the availability of a Digital Image Database Standards Checklist that may be used freely as a guide to evaluate digital image databases, presentation systems, or image repositories.  It is available for download on the ARLIS/NA site, under the committee's portion ("Initiatives" section) at:
http://www.arlisna.org/organization/com/standards/index.html

Special thanks to the volunteer subcommittee who worked with me on this: Deborah Boudewyns, Carole Ann Fabian, Trudy Jacoby, and Alan Michelson.  An outstanding job!  Also, many thanks to the Standards Committee members for their input and support: Linda Duychak, Sara Harrington, Phil Heagy, Aprille Nace, and Jennifer Parker.

Many others have provided input over the year or so of development; we appreciate your interest. Since this checklist will always be a work in progress, we welcome continual input from you.  Please feel free to send me an email with your thoughts.  There is an email link posted on the web site.

Please note that we also encourage you to download the checklist in an editable form to be tailored for local use.  It is by no means comprehensive, but rather a good place to start your evaluation process.

All best,

Don Juedes
Chair, ARLIS/NA Standards Committee

_________________________________

Donald R. Juedes
Librarian for Art History, Classics, and Philosophy
Research Services & Collections
Milton S. Eisenhower Library of the Sheridan Libraries
Johns Hopkins University
3400 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218-2683

 410/516-0605