In case you have not yet seen these announcements, the draft of part 1 is now available for comment.  Here is how it was announced on the PCClist:

	"The draft of part I of "RDA: Resource Description and Access" is now posted on the public JSC Web site:

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/jsc/rdadraftpt1.html

	The draft itself includes a cover letter containing information about the background of RDA, other JSC documents related to RDA, and a request for comments.
	Because the draft is posted as a PDF file for public comment, persons interested in reading the draft and submitting comments can make their own copies.
Be aware of a deliberate change in the style of RDA when reviewing the draft.  As noted in the cover letter, RDA is being developed as a web-based product (although there will also be a print product).  Because the text will not usually be read in a linear fashion, the JSC has included repetition of instructions to support the reference structure and to allow parts of the text to be stand-alone sections."

If you would like your comments to be considered as part of the official ARLIS/NA response, please send them to me before January 28th.  The ARLIS/NA Cataloging Advisory Committee will prepare our response.  If you prefer to submit your comments as an individual use the form posted on the ALA web site at: https://cs.ala.org/alcts/rda_form/rda_form.cfm

Daniel Starr
ARLIS/NA Liaison to CC:DA

Daniel Starr
Manager of Bibliographic Operations