Kudos to Joyce for a lifetime of service.
Joyce, thanks for being a friendly face
when I was there amid the transitions.

Miguel

Miguel Juarez, Assistant Professor
Librarian/Curator of Hispanic/Latino Studies Collections
Cushing Memorial Library & Archives
Sterling C. Evans Memorial Library
Texas A&M University
MS5000 TAMU
College Station, TX  77843-5000
Voice (979) 845-1951
FAX (979) 845-1441
College Station, TX  77843-5000
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

>>> Joyce Henderson <[log in to unmask]> 01/17 12:58 PM >>>
Dear Colleagues;
I am retiring from the Visual Resources Center at the School of Art
after 26 1/2 years.  I started out in this profession 33 years ago as
a student assistant at Penn State.  From my experiences there I was
able to apply and become Slide Librarian/Curator at SUNY-Binghamton.
In 1977 a group of Slide Librarians, and various people in positions
handling slides met at SUNY-Purchase with Jo Schaffer as organizer.
Came across the list of participants recently and spied a few
familiar names (do you remember that meeting, Margaret Webster?).
The next year the meeting was held at SUNY-Binghamton with myself as
host and grant writing as one of the topics.  Another meeting was
planned in 1979 but I was at my new job in Tucson in August.
I am very proud to leave a VERY active VRC which has been under the
extremely dynamic and capable direction of our Director, Gilda
Santana for the last few years.  She has pushed, prodded, coerced and
cajoled our faculty into  new technological methods of teaching.  Her
methods have paid off in the increasing use of digital images in Art
History classrooms.  Gilda and Kimberly Mast, Curatorial Assistant,
will see the VRC into a new age.
There is a new age for myself as well.  Travel? Consulting?
Cruises?!!  Also thinking of getting another degree - the the Digital
Arts?
To my list friends - Thanks for all the years of support that this
list provides.  I'm keeping my email address (UA perk for retirees)
and membership in both National and the MW chapter.  Hope to see you
at a conference soon.
--

Joyce C. Henderson
Associate Slide Curator

Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: