Hello, all.

I’m having a bit of trouble tracking down the original source of a quote that appears rather frequently in discussions of Morris’ Red House.  The quote comes from Rosetti, who observes that Red House is “more a poem than a house.”

I believe it may have come from a letter, but I’m looking for the specifics.  There’s a chance the answer might be available in “William Morris and Red House: A Collaboration Between Architect and Owner” (National Trust Books), but I’m working with limited resources at the moment.

Can anyone help?  I’d also be interested in other quotes regarding the relationship between Morris’ architecture and text/books.

Thanks,

Rebecca Cooper

Rebecca Cooper

Reference Assistant