Dear ARLIS/NA friends and colleagues,

My library has recently mounted an online exhibit showcasing our
rare architectural collection known as the Steedman Library.  I worked
on the content of this exhibit on and off for about a year.  I chose
important and/or beautiful examples of books ranging from a 1521
Vitruvius to Le Corbusier.  The digital images are really beautiful, and
you can zoom in incredibly far.  Please take a look at it if you get
a chance -- go to www.slpl.org <http://www.slpl.org> , then click on the
banner at the
bottom of the page that reads "The Steedman Exhibit".

My only complaint, and it's a big one, is that the organization of
the exhibit is very user unfriendly.  It's an in-house invention that's
way out of date, and can't (won't) be adjusted.  Those who are
truly interested in delving around in it need to know that much of
the exhibit is effectively "hidden" because there are no hot links.
To see pages that are related to any given page, you need to
click on "Related" to get a drop-down menu, then you have to
keep clicking, etc. etc.  If you have a particular interest in a
certain architect, building, or style, you can use the Search box.

If you have any comments, good or bad, don't hestitate to let me
know.

Best,

Suzy Frechette
Fine Arts Dept.