Please excuse cross-posting …

Just a reminder to ARLIS-NC members that our “fall” meeting will convene next week Friday, December 9th, at Stanford University, Stanford.  Spring meeting minutes are attached for your review prior to the meeting.   If you have not RSVP’d please let us know if you will be joining us; if you already have – no need to do so again!

The afternoon’s events will include:

1:00-2:00 Tour at the Cantor Art Center of their current exhibition “Revolutionary Tides: The Art of the Political Poster, 1914–1989.”  Please gather outside their front entrance by 12:50.  For a map, directions, and parking please go to http://ccva.stanford.edu// to their “General Information” page.

2:00-2:15  Walk from the Cantor to the Art and Architecture Library located in the Cummings Art Building, Main Floor.  If using the map accessed via the Cantor site mentioned above, Cummings is just North of Green Library and next to the Hoover Tower.

2:20-3:00  Business meeting.  Our Western Regional Representative, Peggy Keeran, will be joining us.

3:00-3:30  Tour of the Art and Architecture Library.

3:30-4:30  Social hour with refreshments generously provided by the Stanford Library.  Thank you!

Due to the excellent work of our Nominating Committee, we are pleased to announce the nomination of Ida da Roza, at the Academy of Art University Library, for the Executive Board position of vice chair, chair elect.

Bio:

Ida has worked at the Academy of Art University Library in San Francisco as their Cataloging and Book Processing Manager since 2000.  With the successful completion of her MLIS at SJSU this semester (congratulations Ida!) she is now officially the Cataloging Librarian and Book Processing Manager for the Academy.  Ida’s has been a member of ARLIS-NC as of 2001 and an ALA Spectrum Scholar (2003).  If you would like to check Ida out, you can access her bio on ALA’s website at http://www.ala.org/ala/diversity/spectrum/spectrumscholarsb/spectrumyearbook/idadroza.htm .

Thank you especially to Nensi Brailo at CCA and Kathryn Wayne at UCB, members of our 2005 Nominating Committee.

Barbara Rominski                                        Abby Bridge

Vice-chair, chair-elect                                  Secretary/Treasure

The information contained in this electronic mail message (including any attachments) is confidential information that may be covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC Sections 2510-2521, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above, and may be privileged.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify me and delete the original message.  Thank you.

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]