We are pleased to announce that the ninth biennial Pyramid Atlantic Book Arts Fair and Conference will be held on November 18 - 19, 2006 in Silver Spring, MD. The 2004 Fair and Conference was a huge success for exhibitors, attendees and scholars. Over forty publishers, artists and suppliers exhibited at the Fair while the Conference featured some of the most important writers, educators and artists working in the field.

The Artist Book Yearbook, published by Sarah Bodman of Impact Press at the University of West England, cites the Pyramid Atlantic Book Arts Fair and Conference as one of the key international gatherings for book arts by showcasing artists and providing dynamic information and a panoply of books for collectors.

“This conference [The 2004 Pyramid Atlantic Book Arts Fair and Conference] was probably the finest Book Fair I have attended, largely due to . . . the scholarship of artists themselves who make bookworks . . . And the fair was the liveliest I have ever attended besides Frankfurt. There was energy, sales and a dynamic that one often misses at Book Fairs.” - Judith Hoffberg, Umbrella, October, 2005.

The speakers for the 2006 Conference include Clifton Meador, book artist and Director of the Graduate Book Arts Program at Columbia College Chicago, Pattie Belle Hastings, book artist and Professor of Interactive Digital Media at Quinnipiac College in New Haven, and Ward Tietz, artist and faculty member at Georgetown University in visual literature.

For more information, contact:

Brad Freeman / Beth Ann Kyle

2006 Book Arts Conference & Fair

c/o Pyramid Atlantic