From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Peggy Keeran
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Help with public perceptions of Impressionism

I received this question from a student.  I can't seem to find anything
directly on this topic, but thought I would ask to see if any of you can
help.  Thanks!

"I am looking for a way to locate any information on visitor research
studies that have been conducted on Impressionism.  I am looking for
about 3-5 good things from the past 5-7 years that deal with what the
general public thinks about impressionism, especially with reference to
whether they think Impressionists rejected the past and started
something new."

Do any of you know of any studies or have suggestions?

Thanks!

Peggy Keeran
Arts and Humanities Reference Librarian
Penrose Library