-----ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST <[log in to unmask]> wrote: -----

To: [log in to unmask]
From: "Mario A. Ascencio" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 12/06/2005 04:55PM
Subject: [ARLIS-L] intentional or mistake?

Hello Everyone,

We just received our copy of Gordon Matta-Clark's book by Phaidon Pr (ISBN 0714839167).  Acquisitions was going to send it back because the center of the spine is cut out.  Fortunately, they called me to take a look at it.  I noticed that while the spine has been cut out, it was neatly done.  Further, when I opened the book and looked at its content, images with cut-outs, I figured it's simply great packaging.

I showed it to my colleagues in reference and they are divided whether it was done intentionally or by mistake.  Any of you have a copy of this book and noticed the cut out spine?...you wouldn't have missed it.

Thanks.

-Mario

Mario A. Ascencio
Visual Arts Liaison Librarian