In addition to what BJ does and using the Bowker annual, I also examine
the annual stats published by CHOICE.  They do stats on the cost of
academic books in all fields once a year.  Ray Anne Lockard

Irvine, Betty J. wrote:

> I also use the Bowker statistics but to have really meaningful
> statistics for art book costs for an academic research library, I
> analyze a 6-12 month sample of paid invoices for the Fine Arts Library.
> bj
>
> B. J. Kish Irvine, Ph.D.
> Director, Fine Arts Library
> 1201 E. 7th Street
> Indiana University
> Bloomington, IN 47405
> (812) 855-5743 or fax (812) 855-3443
>
> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Jennifer Krivickas wrote:
>

>>Hi everyone and happy holidays!
>>
>>Has anyone done research/crunched numbers related to the rising cost
>
> of
>
>>[art] publications? I am looking for some hard data/stats and am
>
> having
>
>>a hard time finding any.
>>
>>Specificially, I am interested in proving that unit cost of art books
>>has indeed risen over the last 5-10 years, why, and how much cost has
>>increased.
>>
>>Any info you might be able to offer up is much appreciated.
>>
>>Many thanks!  Jennifer
>>
>>Jennifer Krivickas
>>Assistant Librarian
>>Yale Center for British Art
>>Reference Library & Photo Archive
>>http://ycba.yale.edu/index.asp

Ray Anne Lockard,
Bibliographer and Public Services
Frick Fine Arts Library
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA  15260
Voice:  412-648-2411
Fax:  412-648-7568
E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hand."
Exra Pound