Greetings. Those of you interested in core competencies for students,
and/or in instruction of students in the design and arts fields, I invite
you to read on!

Integrating research skills or core compentencies into the curriculum is a
common theme for many instruction librarians. An informal group has been
working on developing drafts of core competencies for students in several
of the design and arts disciplines.

At this point we would like to invite your initial feedback on this
effort.

The draft competencies are posted on the net. The link to the page is
posted on the ARLIS/NA site in the members-only section [at the top of the
page: "View Design Student Competencies and Provide Feedback."] At this
point we are asking for feedback from ARLIS/NA members only, with one of
the areas we are exploring being whether this is something that ARLIS/NA
should endorse.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Jeanne

Jeanne Brown				Tel:702-895-4369
Head, Architecture Studies Library	Fax:702-895-1975
Box 45-4049, 4505 Maryland Parkway	Email:[log in to unmask]
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV 89154-4049

Home page: http://www.library.unlv.edu/arch/index.html