The party's over . . . it's time to call it a day!

Twenty years at the Smithsonian . . . that's a pretty long gig.  So I
have decided to hang it up and let someone else have all the fun.

As the lounge singer says, "You have been a great audience".  I want to
thank you all for your friendship, your sense of humor, your wisdom, and for
making me serve only one term on the Board!  I have really loved working
with you over the years.  But now that I am in my dotage, it is time to
retire and go home to "tell my beads".  November 30th will be my last
day at the AA/PG Library.

However, do not fear that my "oh so beautiful mind" will turn to cat
litter. Kristen Regina, the Librarian at the Hillwood Museum, the
magnificent former home of Marjorie Merriweather Post, has had compassion on
the old gal.  I will be working three days a week (Tues. through Thurs.) in
her beautiful library.  It will be an opportunity to learn about a whole new
area of art history and to enjoy the magnificent Mansion and gardens.

My new email address will be [log in to unmask]  and my phone
number will be 202-243-3953.

So, it is not good-bye.  I am not leaving the field; it is merely a
"change of address" (like correcting a call number).  I will continue
to keep tabs on you ARLIS folks, as I have always done.  I hope that you
will keep in touch.  Perhaps we will meet again at a future ARLIS
Conference!

Pat Lynagh
Reference Librarian
AA/PG Library