Art & Design School Division and LOEX 2006

Hey all! It is that lovely time of year when proposal deadlines are looming fast for conference presentations.  I am putting out a call to find two or three Art & Design school librarians who might be interested in co-presenting at the 2006 LOEX Conference. http://www.lib.umd.edu/loex2006/

The upcoming LOEX 2006 Conference will be May 4-6, 2006 at the University of Maryland, College Park in Maryland.  Unfortunately LOEX and ARLIS-NA do have an overlap (May 5-9).  One cannot go wrong with two great conferences to choose from.  : )

The 2006 LOEX Conference theme is Moving Targets: Understanding Our Changing Landscape(s).   I see our division of librarianship as a specialized blended niche comprised of academic librarianship, art librarianship and instruction. We provide services to a diverse population of students and faculty comprised of fine artists and cutting- edge technologically savvy designers.  I submit that within our Art & Design schools and libraries that we face all kinds of unique, fun and frustrating challenges to successfully reach our audience, provide access to resources, and promote information literacy.  I am currently drafting a proposal for the LOEX conference based on the conference theme and the Art & Design school library.

If you are not attending ARLIS-NA annual and are interested in a possible presentation drop me an email off-list.  I would love to have someone to coordinate and collaborate with. The deadline is DECEMBER 2nd for proposals and we would be notified by January 23, 2006. Plenty of time to still book ARLIS-NA if the proposal is not accepted.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Peace.

Elise J. Brown, MSIS
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Kendall College of Art & Design Library
Kendall College of Art & Design
17 Fountain Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3102
616 - 451- 1868  ext. 1123
__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]