This just came up on another listserv.  I am sure ARLIS members would be more cinegenic than INNOPAC users.
Jonathan

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:50:04 -0400
From: Jill Ellern <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Hollywood Librarians - An appeal to please help the movie
To: IUG INNOPAC List <[log in to unmask]>

To all the fans of the documentary, hello! If you're hearing about this
project for the first time, welcome. More information about the first-ever,
full length documentary film about librarians, see
 www.hollywoodlibrarian.com <http://www.hollywoodlibrarian.com/>.

I am thrilled to announce that the documentary is making tremendous
progress. The production is going very smoothly - schedules, interviews,
hotels, flights, camera rental, film stock - everything is where it should
be when it should be and I am ecstatic to be so far along at this point. We
have shot about 25 hours of footage of all kinds of librarians from all
around the country. These librarians are funny, smart, dedicated and utterly
moving.

Since March 2005, we have filmed in Florida, Connecticut, Pennsylvania,
Colorado, Wisconsin and California. Our film crew is now off for the month
of October while we pause and look over film, consider what still needs to
be filmed (I have a list of dozens of librarians in different libraries but
we can't do it all), and get ready for our next shoot in November.

We have received two grants totaling $85,000 from foundations that have
enabled us to come this far. I continue to explore foundations which fund
documentary work, which although it is time-consuming and highly
competitive, I'm sure will be yield something down the road. I am also
working on Federal dollars, although they usually require matching funds. In
the meantime, we need some more money in the budget.

So, I am looking for 2,000 librarians and librarian lovers who want to
contribute $50 to the film budget. Will you be one?

I have met many, many librarians who want to be part of this historic and
monumental librarian film project, and I am moved to tears by their
generosity. Please be assured that not a penny of the film's budget is being
wasted or used frivolously. We librarians deserve a first-rate film, and we
are getting it. This documentary is being shot on high-definition film with
a Panasonic Vericam, by an experienced cameraman and sound designer. It will
be edited by a top-notch editor with state-of-the-art digital editing
technology. Your contribution will go toward buying film stock, travel
costs, salaries for the film crew (my salary is 95% deferred at this point),
tape dubbing, equipment rentals and to begin the copyright clearance
process.

If you are interested in sponsoring the film with $50, please click on
http://hollywoodlibrarian.com/sponsor.html to send your contribution via the
Paypal link.

Or you can send a check payable to "The Hollywood Librarian" to:

The Hollywood Librarian
c/o Bi-Folkal Productions, Inc.
809 Williamson St.
Madison, WI 53713

I would be deeply grateful if you contributed, and please forward/post this
email far and wide in Libraryland. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

P.S. If you like, please take a minute to sign the Guestbook at
http://www.ultraguest.com/?id=1118611276 .