The annual meeting for the OV chapter has been scheduled for October 20-21 in Columbus, Ohio. A block of rooms is available until Oct 13th at the Hampton Inn at 501 N. High St, $95 a night for rooms with king size beds (plenty of hotels further out, you may save $20 or so, depending); parking is $17 per night(614-559-2000).

THURSDAY: We'll gather at Martini, an Italian restaurant at 445 North High Street in the Short North, at 8pm on Thursday (614-224-8259). The Short North is awash in galleries and shops so there is no end of things to see and do within walking of the hotel.

FRIDAY: We'll be meeting at the Knowlton School of Architecture on the OSU campus (get the campus map online, the Tuttle Park Garage is just next door to the school so park there); The meeting begins at 9:30 am Friday in the library, top floor (beautiful!); space provided by Jane McMaster, Architecture Librarian, who helped to plan the meeting. The speakers include Stephanie Bernhardt, OSU - AH slide librarian to talk about her digitization project and also Diane Dagerford of the Web Media Collective, to talk about that digitization effort and the idea of federated searching as these projects begin to emerge from the various institutions - there will be some discussion on how to build an interface at the local level as well. After the meeting, we'll see a textile exhibit on campus and then on to the Columbus Museum of Art for lunch and an exhibit there. Any questions, or if I forgot anything, call me or email to [log in to unmask]

Best--

Gary J. Ginther, Fine Arts Librarian

Bibliographer: Art, Interdisciplinary Art,

Visual Communications, Interior Architecture.

Alden Library - Fine Arts

740-593-2664

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]