Hi, I have a faculty member who is writing a book on a local church. She
wants to quote a passage from St. Bernard in a discussion of a statue of Mary.
The passage refers to her as the gate of heaven and is very rhythmic and
stylized, creating connections by having  this lead to that,  then leading to this....

I have found 2 excerpts from unidentified sections of his work;
“GOD did not wish us to have anything which had not passed through Mary's
hands." For greater devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary;

and another which matches what the faculty member described in terms of style
but it does not mention the gates of heaven or anything similar.  This may be
because it is an excerpt or it may be a different variant on the theme.
I showed her what I had but without a fuller textual selection, she wasn't
satisfied.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to find this citation (or maybe just
happens to know just what it is!) I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Kate Cooper
School of Art & Design @ Montgomery College
10500 Georgia Avenue